Complex Orthodontics: Advanced Treatment for Severe Cases
Severe dental misalignment not only affects your appearance, but also increases the risk of developing TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder, bruxism, and cavities. Kellyn Hodges Orthodontics offers complex orthodontics at their Philadelphia, PA-area offices to achieve the tooth movement necessary to achieve a straight and balanced bite. Dr. Kellyn Hodges and her team can perform an in-depth assessment of your smile to determine the best way to help you achieve a healthier and more attractive smile.
Complex Orthodontic Issues
Our doctors are fully equipped to treat a range of complex orthodontic issues, including:
- Overbite: Rather than touching, the top teeth overlap with the bottom teeth when biting down.
- Underbite: The lower teeth overlap your top teeth when biting down.
- Crossbite: Back molars do not line up properly, and as a result, the top teeth either rest inside the lower dental arch or fall outside your lower dental arch.
- Open bite: The front teeth do not touch when the jaws meet.
- Crowding: In some cases - especially those involving adults who are pursuing orthodontic care after their permanent teeth have erupted - extraction of one or more teeth may be necessary in order for the jaw to accommodate an arch of properly aligned teeth.
- Spacing: When the teeth have too much space in between them, the opposite of crowding, Dr. Hodges can review the alignment of your teeth and provide orthodontic treatment.
These complicated alignment issues can make it difficult or even uncomfortable to eat. They can also cause significant dental erosion and strain on your jaw, even dramatically affecting the shape and proportions of your face.